Each person who is planning on attending fills out the Are you coming? form as soon as possible. This will help us know how many people are planning on coming and if they intend to play or just watch. It will also let us know who we should notify if plans change due to weather or other reasons.
Then, everyone – any age, any ability – shows up at the field with equipment if they have it (including any extras to share) or just a smile if they don’t. They play baseball if they want, watch the game and chat with others if they don’t. If they decide to play but don’t know how, we’ll explain what to do. You don’t have to live in Beacon Hill if you want to attend.
Why are we doing this?
Ottawa has many baseball parks. Every spring and summer you see them full of little league teams. Parents are there cheering and connecting with others – it is a community-building activity.
But many people face barriers to being part of these activities.
For example, they may:
- not have played or had baseball in their family or culture
- not have the money or equipment needed to play
- have been discouraged from playing because of their gender
- not feel they are good enough to play
- not “make the team”
- not be able to meet the time and transportation commitments
- have a disability that makes it challenging for them to consider
- have never been contacted and invited to play
We want you to join us!